creative. modern. celebratory. fun

vancouver island photographer - creative & candid on location photography
specializing in weddings, families, kids & babies, engagement & trash-the-dress sessions on
vancouver island, hornby island, the gulf islnds, lower mainland & beyond


Welcome to my photo blog. A place to find pics from my photo sessions (past & present), specials, travels, sneak peaks for clients & some of my favorites from the past. Enjoy... cruise the content (by labels or dates), leave a comment, come back for more! And thanks for stopping by - jennifer

Friday, January 15, 2010

florals

polaroid has been popping up all around me. My 15 year old niece, who's an amazing photographer in her own right, just picked one up at a 2nd hand store. Then i came across my polaroid transfer machine while i was searching for some old prints & that got me thinking about my 2 polaroid cameras, one which has been in our family since i was a kid. Then i was emailing with a photog friend & she'd just bought one as well. So it's in the air. And that inspired this little session...

actually the inspiration really began the day Marc brought me tulips home from the coop. Sweet man (lucky me). And each day, while i was lying around on the day bed with tess, i'd think 'i should get out my camera & photograph those', but didn't. But i did watch them... & thought how beautiful that the closer they get to dying, the more wide open they are, hearts exposed, with loads of space for life to flow by, & wouldn't it be a wonder if we could age like that, too. So i learned that from the tulips. And today, in an afternoon of unexpected sunshine, i took out my camera...










3 comments:

  1. beautfiful images jen!!
    you are so good.
    an inspiration to me, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful shots, beautiful you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renaud and I were looking at the tulip shots and could not believe they weren't paintings--so well composed and lit--brought a tear to my eye

    ReplyDelete